Sunday, January 19, 2014

Free From My Cage - THE mix!

Greetings freaks and geeks of the InterwebzzZZZ.  It's Strawberry Shortcake here!  I can't remember the last time I posted in Coventry, but alas, the spirit has moved me and this is what I got for YOU!

Roughly 3 months ago, my significant other of ~2 years called me and dumped me. 

That's right.  

On the phone.  

That just brings forth a whole new level of "douchery" in my book.  

Now, I've been through heartache and break and smashing, drag down, leave you in the trash pain before, as I'm sure you have, too, but no one is ever REALLY prepared to deal with those waves of emotions. With some therapy, friends' shoulders to cry on, uplifting texts and research into his narcissistic ways, I'm coming out on top, yo!   

The next phase of my healing process allowed me to create this playlist!  Hot off the press! 40 songs to put a pep in your step, a smile on your face, a fist pump in the air, "GO GODDESSES!" ... maybe a nostalgic thought in your mind. Enjoy!

Track Listing, "Free Me From My Cage"

1) Just in Time - Amy Steinberg
2) I Could Say - Lily Allen
3) Happy Now? - No Doubt
4) Exhale (Shoop, Shoop) - Whitney Houston
5) Get it While You Can - Janis Joplin
6) Beautiful Girl - Poe
7) Not Fair - Lily Allen
8) Believe - Cher
9) Displaced - Azure Ray
10) Shitkicker - The Ones to Blame
11) Always Be My Baby - Mariah Carey
12) Falling - Haim
13) Video Games - Lana Del Ray
14) Single Ladies - Beyonce
15) Superhero - Ani DiFranco
16) Keep On - Amy Steinberg
17) Oh Well - Fiona Apple
18) Hold On - Wilson Phillips
19) No Scrubs - TLC
20) Narcissus - Alanis Morissette
21) Dickhead - Kate Nash
22) True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
23) I Am Free - Mariah Carey
24) Yes - Amy Steinberg
25) Sleep to Dream - Fiona Apple
26) Flawless - Beyonce
27) Born to Die - Lana Del Ray
28) She's Always a Woman - Billy Joel
29) Never Going Back Again - Fleetwood Mac
30) Untouchable Face - Ani DiFranco
31) You Learn - Alanis Morissette
32) Love Me Anyway - Amy Steinberg
33) You Went Away - Tegan and Sara
34) Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson
35) Don't Speak - No Doubt
36) I Am a Rock - Simon & Garfunkel
37) You Don't Miss the Water - Rising Appalachia
38) Find My Love - The Avett Brothers
39) Sweet Surrender - Sarah McLachlan
40) Better Than Fine - Amy Steinberg

No comments: