1995 Live Phish Downloads



The Live Phish series at livephish.com introduced videos downloads in addition to buying audio files. I also dig the feature where you can buy individual songs for $0.99 or videos for $1.99.

Now you can see the boys circa 1995 in 12.1.95 Hershey and 11.14.95 Orlando. I snagged a few songs and videos from both shows. Here are a couple of highlights.

Phish 11/14/95 University of Central Florida Arena, Orlando, FL: High energy Chalkdust Torture to open the show. If there's one song to get from this show it's Gumbo. One of the best versions I had ever heard. It was a glimpse into the Phish funk era of 97-98. Set aside the vocal's and Trey's guitar for a second and focus in on Fishman's tight drumming and Page's playing. Sickness.

12/1/95 Hersheypark Arena, Hershey, PA: The Wolfman's Borther is worth getting the entire show. It's good to hear the freshness of the song versus version post-hiatus. They included the "Shouldn't have took more than you gave..." parts. The boys busted out Mango Song which I adore and only got to see it a few times. Halley's Comet features some slick thumping from Mike, while Fishman drives the entire beast. The Suzy Greenburg must have been amazing to experience live in Hershey. Sounds juicy and a must add.

In the wake of Jerry Garcia's death in the summer of 1995, I didn't see too much live music for almost a year. I only caught a couple of Phish shows and now I'm bummed out that I missed so many gems from the 1995 era. At least these shows were a decent fix.

Comments

Popular Posts