"Widespread Financial Panic"

Change 100 pointed out that Widespread Panic is better than Widespread Financial Panic. Obviously.

I am in the financial services industry and I have to say I am freaked out. I can't sleep. I don't know what is going to happen. Our system is broken and no one knows how to fix it. All the kings horses and all the kings men can't put humpty dumpty back together again. I have been busy non-stop the last couple of weeks trying to calm clients and counsel them...and have put music blogging on the back burner.

If you do not understand what is going on, you need to ask someone you trust in your community. Watch the news. Or pick up a paper. Call your parents. Or read Otis. It is good to ask questions and be skeptical. I do not ask that you agree with one side or the other, I ask that you THINK. It seems that not thinking and apathy has gotten us here.

What is happening now is complicated in the details but it is simple in the bottom line: we are all getting fucked over one way or another. I believe that music brings together kindred spirits, and as your brother...as a family member, I urge you to pay attention with me. Often times in my life music has been an escape...sometimes we need to escape...but now we need to pay attention.

WARNING

US dollar set to be major casualty of Hank Paulson's bailout
China Banks to Stop Lending to US Banks
A Frightened President Tries to Scare American Public on Bailout
32 Words
Wamu goes under
Deal or No Deal? No Deal Thursday...
Bailout protests

Comments

jonas0tt0 said…
Oh come on! Its not like my VISA is going to stop working!

Popular Posts