LCD Soundsystem Setlist: Red Rocks, Colorado 8/2/16


James Murphy took his aging hipster act -- LCD Soundsystem -- on the road for a two-night stint at Red Rocks in Colorado. After spending a five year hiatus, Murphy got the band back together for a reunion that included plenty of stops on the global festival circuit with gigs at festys in the US like Cocahella, Bonnaroo, and Lollapalooza.

LCD Soundsystem tour reached Colorado and LCD performed a rare non-festival set at Red Rocks including two opening bands (Love Museum and Savages).

Yeah, Red Rocks is one hell of a venue to see my first LCD show.

Interesting crowd for LCD. I had never seen a non-jamband act at Red Rocks before. In fact, it was the first time I've been back to the historic venue since Phish's four night run in 2009. Tons of hipsters and more hipsters and seriously low wook factor. Felt like I was seeing a show in LA and not Denver. Alas, Denver hipsters are waaaaay cooler than SoCal hipsterturds.

LCD has been pretty much playing nearly the same setlist every night, but since this was a non-festy gig, they squeezed in a couple extra tunes. Here's the setlist for the first night of Red Rocks...
LCD Soundsystem, 8.2.16 Red Rocks Ampitheatre, Morrison, Colorado

Set 1: Us v Them, Daft Punk Is Playing at My House, I Can Change, Get Innocuous!, You Wanted a Hit, Tribulations, Movement, Yeah Yeah Yeah, Someone Great, 45:33 Part Four *, Losing My Edge, Home, New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down

Encore: Yr City's a Sucker, Dance Yrself Clean, All My Friends

Encore 2: All My Friends (Reprise) **

NOTES:
* with horns
** Tech issues during the final song. It seemed like the show was over and Murphy and the band came back out for a second encore. Murphy explained that Al the guitar player had serious tech issues during All My Friends but the band soldiered on and finished the song without guitar action. Murphy said that the tech fixed the issue and that he wanted to replay All My Friends as it was meant to be played... with Al on guitar. So they played All My Friends a second time.
Wonder if they mix up the setlist for night 2?

Comments

Popular Posts