Zobomaze - These kids can JAM!



The Joker and I were at the famous Quixote's here in Denver this past weekend checking out The Motet, but found ourselves blown away by the young talent from another band playing that night called Zobomaze. These guys look like they're still in High School and play like they have been in a professional Jamband for 20 years. Their style is nothing cutting edge, but I hear influences that remind me of TAB, Herbie Hancock, Bela Fleck, etc. These kids can jam the funk!

You can download their album for free from their website. I've listened to it a few times now, and keep thinking to myself, "Man, I can't believe these guys are so young..." To be able to comprehend the type of music that they do, and play it so well is very impressive. The members of Zobomaze have that special something that remind me of legends such as Steve Winwood or Jimmy Page who started out in their teens blowing everyone away.

Download Steadfast Giraffe from Zobomaze.

For anyone in Colorado, Zobomaze competes against 4 other bands at the Waka Winter Classic this Friday, February 12th at Quixote's. The band with the most votes goes to Wakarusa 2010. The show is $5.

Comments

Popular Posts