Background Beats - March 2011

Re-discovering music is a great form of time travel in that, like viewing a photo album, it conveys the sound and emotion of a place, person, experience, or energy of that particular time in your life. This month I re-discovered a lot of songs I have not heard a long time - some songs, years. If I had made a Background Beats - Spring, 2008 edition, it would include most of these songs. The vocal presence is strong for this edition of Background Beats.

TRACK-LIST:
track-song.artist:

01. All That You Are - Nicolay
02. Chemistry - Mamanet
03. Funk In The Hole (Nicolay Mix) - Roy Ayers
04. Duet - Breaks Co-Op
05. Metal Bark - Alucidnation
06. Optimystic - Tom Middleton
07. The Other World - Jakatta
08. S.I.P. - Boozoo Bajou
09. Sleepy Meadows Of Buxton - Fenomenon
10. Transmit Fantastic - Danny B
11. Hairy Trees - Goldfrapp
12. Morning Sun - Plump DJs
13. The Galactica Suite - Simon Grey
14. Nice Kids - Omega One
15. Rainsong - Harmonic 33
16. Ambivalence Avenue - Bibio


enjoy!

Missing past editions of Background Beats? CLICK HERE.

Comments

Chip said…
Okay, so maybe I'm missing something, but only 6 of the songs will open in itunes... Anybody else have this problem? Also I can't get them to appear in the same album. Help would be greatly appreciated.
nulabs71 said…
I think the zip file is screwy 'cause my iTunes will only recognize 6 of the tracks as well. 1, 2, 3, 14, 15, 16.
Chip said…
So apparently 186 people liked this before attempting to listen to it lol.
Chip said…
They work in wmp. I guess itunes sucks yet again. Too bad I can't sync my ipod with wmp :(
jonas0tt0 said…
im going to take a look at this and re-up it.
jonas0tt0 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chip said…
Thanks for fixing it! It works now, but I'm still confused as to why all the songs don't appear in the same album in itunes even though the album names are the same for each file. Not the end of the world, of course, but it would be nice to be able to be able to put it on my ipod, select the album, and let it play.
Chip said…
Nevermind, I figured it out! In case anybody wants to group all the songs in the same album in itunes, just select all the songs, hit CTRL I to bring up the *Get Info* window, Go to the *Options* tab, then next to "Part of a compilation," change from *No* to *Yes*.
Unknown said…
props on the breaks co-op track. Haven't heard that album since it came out back in 06
jonas0tt0 said…
Love that album.

Popular Posts