Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Avett Brothers


(L to R) Joe Kwon, Scott Avett, Seth Avett, Bob Crawford

I am thankful for something that finally exists outside of my heart that expresses what I needed to but never could; with words that make me want to hug myself and cry, just because I can and sounds that make me toss my head back in a ferocious laugh as a wave of chills explodes over my body only allowing me to smile as wide and bright as the sun.

Such truth that is raw like I feel.

Jubilant harmonies that when shared with another, well, it makes them hold their breath for a minute because of the beauty that tickles their ears. It is music that is full of love that makes my lil' heart do a dance of hope because The Avett Brothers came to leave behind the world a better place and I strive to do the same.

With that being said, I will pass along the following collection to you my friends.*


Emotionalism(2007)

Four Thieves Gone: The Robbinsville Sessions(2006)

The Gleam(2006)

Live, Vol. 2(2005)

Mignonette(2004)

And brother Seth created a solo album, The Mourning, The Silver, The Bell (recorded from 2001-2005)



*I know I've shared these guys with some of you fine gentlemen before and you've heard them but I wanted the other readers in cyberspace to join in on the love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have seen, felt, and been in awe of you, dear shortcake, while you watched the A's in concert... it was a pleasure that will surround me forever as I watched you and was able to feel all of your emotion that they were giving you from the stage. With love, your peapod