STS9 Langerado Setlist & Comments


STS9- Late Night Friday Langerado

I: Tooth, Bigs, Rabble, One a Day, Rent, 118, Aimlessly->Nautilus (tease)-> Aimlessly

II: Eco Hitman, Inspire Strikes Back, Be Nice, Unquestionable Supremacy of Nature, Hi Key, Instantly, Lo Swaga

E: ABCees, Moonsockets

Dr. Pauly and I checked out Phix before this show and because of the walk over from the Chickee Hut stage we ended up being pretty far back in the crowd. As I have mentioned before, I am a fan of the older STS9 songs, and I felt this setlist was a little weak on songs I would have liked to hear and heavy on songs that I have heard too much.

Most of the kids camping at Langerado will likely remember the huge storm that came in after the STS9 set more than they will remember this show. Several fans that I talked to at Langerado all seemed to agree about the last 6-9 months of song selection: weak. STS9 needs to mix it up more-or go back to picking songs by the moon phase or something. Mix it up, guys! Lo Swaga, Aimlessly, Tooth, Bigs, Rabble, and ABCees are becoming like Bouncin Round the Room, Farmhouse, Crowd Control, or Velvet Sea...songs that make me lose interest. I even saw a T-Shirt that said something like "Every time STS9 plays Lo Swaga, a God kills a kitten." STS9 plays well, but I would like to see more surprises.

Comments

Popular Posts