Today in Phishtory: 10/8/99 Nassau

10/08/99 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY

Set I: Piper, AC/DC Bag, Suzy Greenberg, Meat, Meatstick, Antelope

Set II: Halley's Comet, Tweezer, Bug, Fee, Harry Hood, We're Not Gonna Take It***, Chalkdust Torture

Encore: Squirming Coil, Tweezer Reprise

*** with Tom Marshall on vocals
Listen/Stream 10/8/99 (via Phishows.com)
Download - 10/8/99 Part 1 (courtesy of HoyDog23)
Download - 10/8/99 Part 2 (courtesy of HoyDog23)

Epic show. I had seats behind the stage with like a dozen of my friends. This is the infamous Boogie Glow Stick show when my friend Boogie tried to throw a glowstick over the lighting rig from behind the stage. It hit the lights and fell sharply as it dropped right on top of Page's paino. You can actually hear the THUD during Harry Hood. I always get a chuckle when I listen to a copy of this show.

Solid effort from the boys particularly an unexpected cover of a Who song with Tom Marshall on lyrics. 1999 fall tour is one of my favorites. I saw like 90% of that tour and after being on the road for several weeks, it felt comforting to be back in my hometown of NYC and see the shows with many familiar faces.

Comments

spencer said…
Nice, thanks for this, "woah shocks my brain!!!"

Popular Posts