Old Skool STS9


My buddy jonas0tto started a thread on the "purple bored" the other day and it has exploded with a lot of links to old STS9 shows. I have enjoyed listening to the stuff from 2002-2004. I think that 2004 is my favorite era of evolution in the Sound Tribe Sector 9 world. STS9 from 2004 is a totally different band than they are in 2008, much more chill and beautiful than the in your face gangster shit they are pulling now. Back then the had crystals on stage and were heavy into the Mayan calendar. Check out the original thread for a ton of shows, but here are a few shows that I have been enjoying...

9.4.04 The Rave Milwaukee, WI
I: Water Song, Nautilus, ...and some are Angels>4 Year Puma, Mischief of a Sleepwalker, Moonsocket
II: Evasive Maneuvers>Kamuy, F Word, Blu Mood, Frequencies, Luma Daylight, Tokyo
E: Dance
10.09.04 Area 51 Soundtest - Indian Springs, NV
I: Equinox, Move My Peeps, Really Wut?, Frequencies Peace 2 > Frequencies Peace 3
II: Twilight, Ramone & Emiglio, Jebez, Grow, Tap-In, Crystal Instrument
E: GLOgli

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PUN1CM8

10.10.04 Area 51 Soundtest - Indian Springs, NV
I: Once Told, ...And Some Are Angels, Kamuy, Trinocular, Vibyl, Today, Orbital
II: F. Word, Water Song, Tokyo, Mischief of a Sleepwalker, Nautilus, Luma Daylight > Moon Socket
E: Baraka

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PUN1CM8

Comments

BTreotch said…
I'm curious, which songs fall in the "...in your face gangster shit they are pulling now." category?
the joker said…
songs i consider more ganster:
The Rabble
Hi-Key
Empires
Unquestionable Supremacy of Nature
Abcees
Metameme

when you listen to something like the 10.10.04 show i linked and then listen to these songs in '07 or '08...totally different.
foxx said…
hi,

sorry to butt in, but I just wanted to squeeze two things:

1. Thank you so much for posting this. I went to that Soundtest show both nights, and the second night was definitely my favorite. STS9 were so amazing... I bought their CD and it was my most listened one. Until one day 3 years ago I left my CD case on my rooftop and drove away. It was devastating, ever since I've been looking for these.

2. Unfortunately you posted same link for both nights, so I went and found the second part of that show:

10.10.04 Area 51 Soundtest - Indian Springs, NV
I: Once Told, ...And Some Are Angels, Kamuy, Trinocular, Vibyl, Today, Orbital
II: F. Word, Water Song, Tokyo, Mischief of a Sleepwalker, Nautilus, Luma Daylight > Moon Socket
E: Baraka

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MTB4YY9R

Popular Posts