Meet the New Hotness

If you're like me, you have been waiting for a site that would combine the best aspects of indie music and social media. Someplace that would allow bands to reach a wider viral audience. Where you can subscribe to the channels of trusted friends and fellow syncopated musical ears and discover their discoveries as they discover them.

(Then again, if you're like me, your first album was DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper. So maybe you'd think twice about being like me.)

Here you go, my friends. TheSixtyOne.com.

Cream rises to the top. And if you tell 'em JuliusGoat sent you, I think I'll get a lot of points or something, which will make me cooler than just about anybody. My name is Charlie Mac, and I'm the first out the limo.

Comments

SamZ said…
woah.
My first album (tape) ever was Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince too. I got it for Christmas, I had wanted "He's the DJ..." but my mom got me the newer, custier "And in this corner" which, even at that tender young age, I immediately realized was total garbage.
Parents just don't understand is not just a clever name for rap song.

Anyway, we probably would have been playmates and I would have stolen the shit out of your tape.
Julius_Goat said…
Well Sam, you may have stolen but you'd have gotten your jaw jacked because I am Too Damn Hype.
Rummel said…
I sense "a nightmare on my street" (a weak track except for the beat being kept with the phone numbers)

Popular Posts