STS9 Cancels Winter/Spring 2011 Tour

A letter from Murph:

"Greetings Family, Friends, and Fans,

I’m writing to share with y’all some news I’ve received recently. I have just been diagnosed with a cancerous tumor primarily in my sinus cavity (a type of internal skin cancer). It will require an extensive surgery followed by a couple month long recovery periods. There will be some treatment for the cancer following also but at this time we aren’t fully aware of what that will entail and at this time we are just focusing on the task at hand which is the surgery.

With this news comes a bit of bad news for our upcoming shows. We will have to cancel all of our upcoming shows in Feb and March in order to fully get after taken care of this little health issue to the fullest, and we will do just that. There is nothing more in the world I love then playing music and sharing it with all of you and we will continue to do it for a long time together and all I ask for is y’all’s thoughts and prayers during this time of recovery!

We will still be performing in Mexico this weekend before my upcoming surgery, so for y’all down there...

Let’s do this... Boom!

We’ll send appropriate updates as we get them through out the process."

- Murph

All of us at Coventry send our love and support to Mr. David Murphy, and wish him a fast and safe recovery.

Comments

Popular Posts