Today in Phistory: 10.4.00

10.04.00 Coors Amphitheatre, Chula Vista, CA

Set I: MoMa Dance, It's Ice, Bouncin', Funky Bitch, Reba, Dog Faced Boy, Antelope

Set II: Rock and Roll, 2001, Sample in a Jar, Gotta Jibboo, Bug, Harry Hood, Cavern

Encore: Loving Cup
I happened to be on tour in 2000. It would be the last shows before they took their hiatus. The Chula Vista show was right after Phoenix and Las Vegas. The boys looked tired in Phoenix after a kick ass weekend in Vegas. Sloppy play ensued. They had two days off and returned refreshed with one of the best shows on that West Coast leg.

I went with my Japanese friends Yuh, Ryuji, and Jun. They were touring with me since Vegas. I scored pharmies in the lot and I got busted during MoMa Dance for smoking a bowl. The security guard was cool and didn't take anything away. He just asked me not to do it again. Of course, I fired up five minutes later.

Second set was solid. I went to the Chula Vista the year before and that set was one of the Top 10 sets of Phish I had ever seen. Something about the energy at Chula Vista that brings the best out of Phish.

Comments

Popular Posts