Background Beats - Year One


Today is the one year mark for the Background Beats series. It started with the idea that I would unload a bunch of tracks that I had been listening to over the years that the average electronic listener was unfamiliar with. After releasing Volumes 1-7 over a 7 week span, the series gained momentum and people seemed to like the compilations. What began as a temporary series has become a regular monthly compilation that continues to grow.

There have now been over 6000 downloads of the Background Beats series. In the last year the compilations have featured over 180 different artists, displaying 20 hours of some of the best downtempo electronic music, sampling elements of jazz, funk, hip-hop, chillout, lounge, and other world music.

It is my pleasure to continue to invest time into this body of work as long as people continue to enjoy it. I'm often asked where to get started in the series, so on this 1 year anniversary I present Background Beats - Year One. This compilation features my favorite tracks from the series over the last year. This is the best of Background Beats.

*Track 1 is off of the upcoming May Edition due May 3rd, 2011.
Track List
track.song-artist

01. Sleepy Language - Layo & Bushwacka
02. Silver Dawn - Artemis
03. Slow Roll 77 - Freakniks
04. Woke Up This Morning - The Brothas And Sistas
05. Bamboo Bei - Raul Ramirez
06. Extensions Of Life - Makoto
07. Winter Song - Heliocentrics
08. Azona Pop - Cybophonia
09. Don't Explain - Modaji
10. Springer - Tosca
11. The Piper Cherokee - Bobby Hughes Experience
12. Move - Planet E
13. Hells Rarebit - Fila Brazillia
14. Planetary Deadlock - Beanfield
15. Triage - Hardkandy
16. Funk In The Hole (Nicolay Mix) - Roy Ayers
17. Peace Of Mind - Makoto
18. Underwater Love - Jerome Isma-Ae

DOWNLOAD
enjoy!


Comments

jamfreek said…
Absolutely LOVED the "Good Morning Edition"
Paul Hoffman said…
I am definitely a follower of the series. This is some of the best chill on my iPod. Please keep up the great work!
Dunny said…
I look forward to the release every month...my wife and I are huge fans. Please keep this up!

Popular Posts