Surprise Me Mr. Davis

Last night I drove up to Boulder to help celebrate a buddy's birthday and a group of us went to check out Surprise Me Mr. Davis at The Fox. The band is composed of members of The Slip, Singer/Songwriter Nathan Moore and keyboard wizard Marco Benevento. I really didn't know what to expect but I figured any band with Marco is worth checking out.

To put it simply, the show was incredible. We were all completely blown away. It was one of the best small shows I have seen all year. I loved Moore's vocals and the music was an original yet familiar rock/folk sound. There were moments of incredible guitar and keyboard work as well. Surprise Me Mr. Davis is officially my favorite new band (to me). Im going to download all of their stuff and also check out Nathan Moore's stuff. If you are in Breckenridge tonight don't miss them playing at 320 South.

Listen to music on their MySpace page.

Check out a video from last year to give you an idea of the sound:

Comments

Anonymous said…
House party featuring Nathan Moore...1-9pm this Sunday in Golden, CO. Please consider joining in, the house party on Wednesday was sublime. Music likely to start around 5pm. 7953 Kunst Road, Golden, CO Perfect way to break up the drive home from YarmonyGrass...
Thanks. They look really fun. I remember seeing The Slip many years ago @ The Wetlands in NY, and I bought their album, which I still listen to on occasion.
the joker said…
will DEFINITELY be checking out the house party on sunday! thanks!
Justin said…
SMMD is the real-deal, for sure. You should try to make a 4th of July trek out to California for High Sierra next year. They're usually on the bill....

Glad you liked them, though.

Popular Posts