Radiohead, Paris June 9, 2008 Download & Photos



photo credit: Samuel Dietz

Our friends over at Jamtopia are having a really cool photo contest.

One of the submissions is a series of black & white photos of Radiohead from Paris 6/9/08. To me they are striking, because they are some of the few black & whites that I have seen for the 2008 tour. Having seen Radiohead a few times in May their lights are burned in my brain- and I like the simple focus on the band members in this series.

Coincidentally I have been listening to an amazing recording of the show I found at one of my favorite blogs, The Ultimate Bootleg Experience. The show is listed as a "good audience recording." I list it as an EXCELLENT audience recording. Most of the time the crowd is quiet and Radiohead comes through powerfully. When there is muttering in French from the crowd I just imagine someone saying (french accent) :

wow, that song was so good, I need to smoke a cigarette. darling, you look wonderful in that dress. how 'bout another glass of wine?



check out this video of "Exit Music" from the show...the crowd is so respectful and quiet...amazing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi,
I'm Sam, the guy who took those pictures of Radiohead.
As stated on my website, I do appreciate when people ask for permission before using my pictures. Because permission is not always granted...
Can you at least link the pictures to my website in stead of a blank page with only the picture in it (which is pointless as it's the exact same version and not a bigger one...) and put my name as well (Samuel Dietz) ?

Thanks

Popular Posts