RIP Frankie Knuckles

Man, Frankie Knuckles? So sad. One of the pioneers of house music passed away. I was not one of those "ravers" or club kids, but DJ friends of mine (specifically my friend TC from Seattle) had tons of reverence for Frankie Knuckles. He was one of the faces that would be chiseled out on a Mount Rushmore for house music. I know hardcore fans that would argue he should be the only one. That's why he was considered the "Godfather of House" in many circles.

This was a good post on 7 of the best all-time Frankie Knuckles tunes.

Want to see how it all began? Check out this documentary: Pump Up the Volume: The History of House Music...



Benjo recommended that I listen to one of Frankie Knuckle's classics, so I'm gonna burn a blunt in Frankie's honor and crank up The Whistle Song...

Comments

Popular Posts