HAPPY 75th PHILIP GLASS!!!



Philip Glass is one of my all time favorite composers.  I love how deceptively complicated his minimalist compositions are. There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't find myself driving in the car with the volume cranked to eleven jamming to his works.  Above is an interview from when he was composing Glassworks.  It also includes some rehearsal performances.

If you're looking to check out some more of his stuff I suggest the 3 part series he did with Francis Ford Coppola: Koyaanisqatsi ("Life Out of Balance"), Powaqqatsi ("Life in Transformation" - with George Lucas), and Naqoyqatsi ("Life as War").  Actually, the 3rd film Francis Ford Coppola did not help with. All videos can be found on youtube or instant Netflix.

So happy birthday to Mr. Glass.  You are my hero!

Comments

Popular Posts