Show Review: Tool, Denver 11/21/07, Pepsi Center

It was my first time seeing Tool live. I got to say that everything I have heard about Tool live is correct: A very tight band, prescise playing, and lots of visual stimulation away from the band. Maynard, the lead singer/band leader stands in the back next to the drums and makes an effort not to be a front man. I spent most of my time watching the weird visuals on the 6 video screens in the Pepsi Center or the green laser light show that dominated the second half of the show.

Tool came out and played my favorite tune "Stinkfist" the second song. I thought it was a powerful performance. Overall, I don't think that Tool is quite my vibe, but I definiely appreciate their music and thought that most of the fans at the show were there with a excited frenzy to see their favorite band. I chatted with a couple of fans that were planning to see other shows on the tour. I get that. Tool fans are kinda like Phish fans in their appreciation of the band- but they wear more black and can kick your hippie ass.

check out "Stinkfist" on YouTube...

Comments

Popular Posts