WFUV 90.7 FM

I've been listening to one of my favorite NYC radio stations, WFUV 90.7 FM, which is Fordham University radio. You play can a full stream via iTunes... here. It's a public radio station and features NPR news. They also play a range of music styles that includes old school blues, whiny hipster bands, local acid jazz acts, angry indie chick music for girls who don't shave thier pits, 1980s prog-rock, celtic music, and plenty of Grateul Dead, Bob Dylan, and Johnny Cash.

WFUV is great background music to write to. Most of the radio stations in Las Vegas and LA sucked donkey testicles. I usually listen to the classic rock station that Grubby works for in Las Vegas. My biggest complaint is that they have too many commercials and after a few days, you start hearing the same songs. His good friend Carla is an afternoon DJ for their sister station which is a hard rock format. AlCantHang and BadBlood would dig that. I'm not into the music and I only listen to the show because it's Carla's. She's good too and has a perfect radio voice... flinty.

After cleaning up my storage space, I found a box with CDs which I've been uploading to my iPod. Also, Bruce gave me a shitload of Dick's Picks, which are a collection Grateful Dead shows remastered by their archivist. The August 1971 show from Los Angeles at the Hollywood Palladium is pure smoke. I got flashbacks during Mr. Charlie and Lovelight.

"Pure sickness," as Daddy would say.

You can download that 8/6/1971 Grateful Dead show via etree. I still religiously listen to Ben Harper's new double CD that I picked up in Las Vegas. And late nights, I turn out all the lights and sit in the dark while zoning out to old jazz records like Buddy Rich, John Coltrane, Wayne Shorter, Thelonius Monk, and Miles Davis.

Comments

Popular Posts