MaxCreek



For those of you never exposed to this NorthEast Band you don't know what you are missing. This (Orange Sunshine) just happens to be one of my favorite Creek Songs. It is also a montage of past and present MaxCreek Alumni.

Although the Creek have covered many a Dead tune, they are way more then a cover band. In fact most of my favorite Creek songs are all originals. I've seen them all over the NorthEast including Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts yet I dont believe Ive ever seen a Creek show in New York!!

The band will be celebrating their 37th anniversary at CreekEnd April 18th and 19th at Eastover Resort in Lenox Massachusetts. I attended the Saturday night show of CreekEnd last year after almost 19 years of not catching them live. I was amazed that Mark Mercier was still as nimble on the keyboards and could remember all the lines of Tangled Up in Blue. BFF Kim and I had a great time and I even got a shout-out from Scott for a blog post I had put up on my Irongirl01 blog (although he thought my username was DirtyGirl... (sounds better doesnt it!!)

Sympathy for the Devil is one of my favorite covers. I honestly think Greg Vasso can do this as good if not better then Mick.



And for you Phish freaks Phish has covered MaxCreek's Back Porch Boogie Blues!!

Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts