Today in Phishtory: 2.26.97 Stuttgart, Germany

Eleven years ago today, Phish played in Stuttgart, Germany. It was a special show because of four bust out songs that was not in their rotation. The boys performed Magilla for the first time since 5.4.94 or 260 shows. They opened with Camel Walk, which they had not played since 7.2.95 or 140 shows. In addition, the last time Phish played Dog Log and a cover version of the Beatles While My Guitar Gently Weeps since 12.11.95 or roughly 90 shows.

And yeah, that first set Carini was only the third time they played it.

Here's the setlist:
2.26.97 Longhorn, Stuttgart, Germany

Set I: Camel Walk, Llama, My Friend My Friend, Harry Hood, My Soul, Tube > Carini, Rocko William, Dog Log, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Set II: Buried Alive, Poor Heart, Ha Ha Ha, You Enjoy Myself > Kung, Theme from the Bottom, Scent of a Mule > Jam > Magilla > Scent of a Mule, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Highway to Hell

You can listen/download the 2.26.97 show via Phishows.com.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This early version of Carini is one of my favs as is this show.

Popular Posts