Chuck Klosterman Uses Big Words And Is Funny

Chuck Klosterman is one of Coventry's favorite writers. He has a recent piece that you can read in Esquire. I enjoyed it and think that you will too. Here is a snippet I found entertaining:
I disagree," I said. "I don't see why I can't just declare myself a hippie for entertainment purposes. I don't understand why I need to embrace any specific hippie beliefs. It would seem like being a third-order simulacrum of a hippie should be totally acceptable at this point in history, and perhaps even preferable. I reserve the right to dictate my motives for adopting the contextual qualities of postmodern hippiedom. Moreover, I grow tired of this debate. How about we hitchhike to an animal shelter and feed all the puppies LSD?"
Check out: The Ethics Paradox by Chuck Klosterman

Comments

Popular Posts